VERSION 0.2 RELEASED!!
* What is Egg Window Manager?
EggWM is a X11 window manager written in C++ with the Qt 4 libraries.
* Ok but... What is a Window Manager?
A window manager is system software that controls the placement of windows, size, decorates with a frame with buttons to close the window, minimize the window, etc To see more information check the wikipedia.
EggWM in addition, as a good window manager complies, in whole or in part, with some standards such as the ICCCM standard or the EWMH standard, allowing it to be compatible, for example, with your favorite dock, such as Docky, AWN or Cairo Dock. Furthermore, these standards have many advantages, if you're interested do not hesitate to consult the relevant pages in the wiki.
* In what systems can run EggWM?
EggWM runs on any X11-based system compatible with Qt 4.
This includes any Linux distribution, such as Ubuntu, Debian, Arch Linux, Suse, Fedora, etc or BSD systems such as OpenBSD, FreeBSD, etc to name some of the platforms that can run EggWM.
Moreover, unlike other window managers do not need a very strong computer to run EggWM, because only consumes between 3MB and 4MB of RAM.
* What are the objectives of EggWM?
There are many X11 window managers, each with different philosophies and it is precisely this that differentiates EggWM the other window managers.
The EggWM objectives are:
- Maintain a simple and well documented source code.
- Being compatible with the freedesktop.org standards for window managers.
- Maintain a low consumption of resources without neglecting the usability and appearance.
- Manage windows through gestures, with Touchégg (http://code.google.com/p/touchegg/)