This is a KDE control center module to configure and control the Uncomplicated Firewall, as shipped with Kubuntu 10.10. The following features are supported:
1. Enable/disable firewall
2. Configure firewall default settings
3. Add, edit, and remove rules
4. Re-order rules via drag\'n\'drop
5. Import/export of rules
6. Setting of some IP tables modules
The module will appear under "Network and Connectivty" category.
**NOTE** 0.4.2 requires UFW 0.31 (as shipped with Kubuntu 12.04). For UFW 0.30 (as shipped with Kubuntu 11.10) please use 0.4.1
4 years ago
1. Actually get this to work with Kubuntu 12.04!!!
1. Add support for UFW 0.31 - thanks to ufw-frontends author Darwin Baustista for very kindly supplying a patch.
1. Fix loading of profiles.
1. Add a simple log file viewer.
2. Save profiles into /etc/kcm_ufw - this way they are system-wide.
3. Store rule descriptions in etc/kcm_ufw, as they are part of this kcm, not ufw itself.
4. Block further actions, until current one is complete.
5. Set size of policy combos in simple and advanced pages to the same size - to mimimize flicker. (Not sure why they have different sizes.)
6. Make text field of simple port the same size as the combo.
7. Change column order of rules list to "Action, From, To, ..."
8. Make 'Add Rule' dialog non-modal, so that 'Log Viewer' and 'Add Rule' can be used concurrently.
9. Shorten IPv6 address - if possible.
10. Fix selection of host radio when editing rules.
11. Fix installation of JPEG files for Spanish documentation.
12. Default to installing all translations.