A configurable script that fetch lyrics from various sites.
- Multiple site search (reload button can change site source)
- Google search suggestions
- Sites arranged by priority
- Adequate charset support
- Automatic (omitting track numbers, bracket, parenthesis, feat) and manual adjustment for artist and song name
- Localizable GUI settings (cache, display mode, sites...)
- Display modes: rich text, plain text
- File cache (with expire period)
wikia.com, lyricsplugin.com, lyricstime.com, lyricsreg.com, metrolyrics.com, seeklyrics.com, azlyrics.com, jamendo.com, darklyrics.com, mp3lyrics.org, songlyrics.com, elyrics.net, lyricsdownload.com, lyrics.com, lyriki.com, lyricsmode.com, lyricsbay.com, loudson.gs, lyricsfreak.com, sing365.com, allreggaelyrics.com, stixoi.info, teksty.org, tekstowo.pl, vagalume.uol.com.br, google.com
- French (needs updating)
- Lithuanian (needs updating)
If you want to help translating the script in your language or update an existent translation follow the instructions from README inside script directory.
Note that comment from script.spec is also translatable.
- It's suggested to turn off other lyric scripts like default LyricWiki.
- Some ideas (codes) are taken from Glyrics, LyricWiki, Lyrix and Wiki-Lyrics.
- Serially web sites change themselves, which can cause the script stops working for the site. Script adaptations are required when a site changes its "template".
- Script can automatically (without google support) search only sites which URL can be constructed solely by artist and title.
- The script is usually installed in ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/scripts/ultimate_lyrics/ or in ~/.kde4/share/apps/amarok/scripts/ultimate_lyrics/
- It's possible to disable loading of Ultimate Lyrics in ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc or by removing Ultimate Lyrics installation folder
- Defaults settings can be changed in main.js when GUI settings doesn't work.
- The script is not automatically updatable. Occasionally you have to update the script manually from Tools->Script Manager->Get More Scripts->Update
- The script uses system language settings (chosen by GDM) instead of kde regional settings (can be altered in main.js).
- The script should work properly with Qt framework 4.5.x or 4.6.x, but may have problems (like missing GUI settings) with an older version.