Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard is a MIDI event generator and receiver. It doesn't produce any sound by itself, but can be used to drive a MIDI synthesizer (either hardware or software, internal or external). You can use the computer's keyboard to play MIDI notes, and also the mouse. You can use the Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard to display the played MIDI notes from another instrument or MIDI file player.
The precompiled packages include the GeneralUser GS SoundFont by S.Christian
Collins ready to use with the FluidSynth output driver (also included in these packages, providing beautiful sounds out of the box).
* 1 MIDI IN port
* 1 MIDI OUT/THRU port
* Configurable number of keys/octaves
* Configurable key size
* MIDI standards compliant
* Configurable computer keyboard mappings
Minimum requirements for all platforms: CMake 3.0, Qt 5.1, Drumstick 1.0
Please use the mailing list for questions and comments. Thanks.
1 year ago
* Fixed Mac OSX input driver (from Drumstick 1.0.2)
* Fixed ticket #28 - crash on exit
* Fixes for ALSA (Linux) and Windows input drivers,
(provided by Drumstick 1.0.1 libraries)
* Packaged using the Qt Frameworks 5.5.0
* Save keyboard maps with default xml extension
* Display input event noteon with velocity=0 as noteoff
* Color palette management fixes
* Updated Russian and Serbian translations
* Qt5 migration completed. XCB replacing X11 library on Linux/Unix
* RtMIDI replaced by Drumstick-RT with pluggable backends: ALSA Seq, OSS, Windows, Mac OSX, Network and FluidSynth.
* Ticket #39: keyboard can start on any note
* Allow to configure any number of keys, instead of full octaves
* New translations: Serbian and Galician