Kommander 1.5 is the final special release in the 3x series. I resume work on the KDE4 version the last week of October. As to why this is still KDE3 vs KDE4 I was basically doing my apprenticeship in C++ and I needed fully functional design and plugins. I have 3 internal applications built with Kommander totaling 96 files and over 41,000 lines of actual script. I am very much intent on a vastly enhanced KDE4 version and porting this. I'm also planning on getting a KDE4 version of Quanta which can use parts built with Kommander.
This release is all about the little things I wanted, like being able to create a text report with links I could click to run scripts. This has the much requested menu button, There is extensive enhancement to widgets with special attention on Tree/Detail widgets and Tables. Widgets now can give geometry for use with popping up widgets and positioning them. There is also control of background color, for that special attention getter.
The applications I have written are used with databases 6 hours or more a day every week. The last new feature added here is 2 dimensional arrays. I have also included docs with this release. There is some out of date information but the new parser section is completely up to date.
Kommander consists of an editor and a program executor. It uses the *.ui files generated by Qt Designer and used by KDE and extends the simple preview to a full on interactive window using DCOP to communicate with widgets. Kommander is intended for non programmers and programmers alike as a rapid development tool aimed at the 80/20 rule. It doesn't do everything, but it does what you mostly need real fast. Kommander Plugins are easy to create and we have a lot of them. Please have a look as they are easy to install and offer great benefits.
* database access http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Kommander+Database+Plugin+(1.3)?content=75805
* date/time functions http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Date+Time+Functions?content=77727
* a time widget http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Kommander+TimeWidget?content=77724
* The Action proxy enables control of MainWindow programs as if they were native Kommander http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Kommander+Action+Proxy?content=77994
* open with dialog http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Kommander+OpenWithDlg?content=77745
* KPart loader http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Kommander+KPart+Loader+plugin?content=75807
* HTML part http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Kommander+KHTML+plugin?content=75810
* HTTP tool - talk with web sites like you were an HTML data form http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Kommander+HTTPform+plugin?content=75808
The new parser is the default so you have variables and unlimited nested conditional statments. Some plugins require the new parser but you can run a mix of old and new by using #!kommander in new scripts in an old parser dialog. You can also use a shebang like #!/usr/bin/php to use other languages in a script widget. This also adds testing for the exec bit to prevent accidental execution of downloaded dialogs. There are now extensive help docs with the editor.
7 years ago
1.5.3 fixed matrix_rowToArray using column headers and added sequential find with matrix_findRow
1.5.2 added setTabLabel for TabWidget. I know someone asked here last year, but since I'm in code mode here it is.
1.5.1 fixed array_remove bug
1.5 Everything you always wanted but were afraid to ask for - see our changes at http://kommander.kdewebdev.org/changes.php?releasenum=0
1.3.1 tasty touches for user power - see our changes at http://kommander.kdewebdev.org/changes.php?releasenum=1
1.3-final is a huge improvement over previous versions. See our changes at http://kommander.kdewebdev.org/releases.php?releasenum=2
1.2.9 is a development release from years ago. It is left here just in case you have a KDE 3.2 or 3.3 system that has trouble with newer releases. We strongly advise against getting it unless a new release fails to build on an old system!