This is Ruby program that will type text for you. It uses 'snippits', small text files with a simple syntax to determine what to type. However, snippits can be very powerful, since they can contain embedded ruby, special keys (Control, Shift, Up, etc), and can contain a cursor placement instruction.
Feedback, patches, bugs, and suggestions are welcome.
Assuming you have Ruby and rubygems setup correctly (feel free to ask me for help) you can now install the latest version of the code with a simple 'sudo gem install snippits'. Check out the link for more information, along with a link to a more detailed README file.
9 years ago
## 0.5.1 / 2007-12-26
* Noticeable speed increase.
* Fixed bug with cursor positioning code
* Fixed bug with debug mode.
* Fixed bug with decrypting GPG-encrypted files
* Fixed bug with outputting GPG-encrypted files in a non-interactive session
* Corrected RAspell dependency
* Changes and Features
* Made a class-level method to make expanding a snippit easier, and cleaned
up other executables
* Moved essential system snippits to lib/snippits_builtin.rb, overridable,
list with 'builtin' snippit
* Updated README.txt: made clearer, clarified eRB and Debian/Ubuntu install