Cantata is a (yet another!) client for the music player daemon (MPD). Originally started as a fork of QtMPC, the code is now *very* different. Cantata can be compiled with KDE support, or as a pure Qt4 application. The interface is very configurable - most views can be shown as either a list or tree structure.
Currently Cantata has the following views:
1. Library - Group by either Genre, Album Artist (or Artist if Album Artist not set), or Album
2. Folders - displays MPDs virtual filesystem. (This view is hidden by default)
3. Playlists - standard and dyamic
4. Internet - Radio Streams (allows saving of internet radio URLs, searching for stations via TuneIn or ShoutCast, station listings from; Digitally Imported (+Sky, JazzRadio, RockRadio), TuneIn, IceCast, ShoutCast, SomaFM, etc.) and Online services (Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud, and Podcasts)
5. Devices - enables copying from/to USB-Mass-Storage (UMS) and MTP devices, and ripping AudioCDs
6. Search - search via MPD
The sidebar has a context menu, allowing you to control its style and what items are shown.
Refer to http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Client:Cantata, and https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CDrummond/cantata/master/README, for further information.
NOTE: The screenshots on this page are out of date, and only reflect the 1.x codebase
9 months ago
Initial release of 2.0, main changes:
1. Use SQLite to cache MPD listing
2. Combine Artists and Albums into Library tab
3. Allow grouping by Genre
4. Merge Online and Streams into Internet tab
5. Merge Playlists and Dynamc Playlists tabs
6. Use 'Composer' tag to group albums of specified genres
7. Use mix of icon themes for flatter icon style - and use mono icons where appropriate
1. Delay creation of Jamendo and Magnatune DBs until required.
2. Fix 'Scroll to current track' in table style play queue if track number column is hidden.
3. Add icon for proxy config - if proxy settings enabled.
4. Fix possibly missing save play queue icon.
5. Install pre-rendered PNG icons for Linux builds.
6. Use last.fm 2.0 API for finding similar artists in dynamic playlists.
7. Fix listing of CUE files.
8. Only honour 'startHidden' setting if also configured to use system tray.
9. Folder page nolonger has a search field - so if upgrading from a 1.x config with folder search visible, then hide it.
10. Don't allow copying of cue file tracks to devices.
11. When calculating collapsed window height, take into account size of menubar, if it is visible.
12. Try to ensure menu button width is at least equal to height.
13. Fix compilation on some systems.
14. Remove usage of libavutil/audioconvert.h - its no longer in ffmpeg since 1.3, and Cantata does not need it anyway.
15. Fix playback of AudioCDs
16. Fix incorrect AudioCD cover
17. Fix Qt5 gcc5 compilation.
18. Fix wrong/missing ratings in toolbar.
19. Fix compilation with Qt5.7
20. Fix drag'n'drop of non-loaded playlists.
21. Use a single-shot timer to timeout obtaining current cover.
22. Fix AudioCD playback when MPD's curl is using IPv6
23. Fix current track display when chaging from one track with no meta-data to another with no meta-data.