This simple program watches the syslog's or metalog's log file and pops up the window whenever the new message comes. You can specify the file to watch and a regular expression for parsing the log line, so you can watch other than log files too.
Now you can use themes in your popups. See MetaMonitor's homepage for the Themes Howto, a document describing how to create your own themes. Please send me your themes or publish them on KDE Look (in the 'Other theme/style' category).
Thanks to Konstantin Sobolev and his KLogView for inspiration and a few lines of code ;)
See MetaMonitor's homepage for more information.
See README file for source installation instructions.
11 years ago
+ Added Debian "unstable" package (for KDE 3.4.3) (Jérí´me Viscaino)
+ Added spanish translation (Alejandro Araiza Alvarado)
* Updated other translations files
+ Added themes support (can set the skin, text colors and body layout with the qt richtext)
* Command's button -> Command's anchor
* Complete rebuild of the configuration window
* Fixed popup's positioning. Now it's sensitive on the tray's position and doesn't hide kicker
* Fixed keyboard shortcuts in the advanced config (thanks Florian)
* Changed the text in About-Window to a little less stupid ;)
+ Added ability to clear the log window
* Updated AUTHORS file