KSmoothDock is a cool desktop panel with parabolic zooming effect for KDE Plasma 5 desktop. It is written in C++ and depends on Qt 5 and KDE Frameworks 5.
To build, extract the ksmoothdock-5.1.tar.gz file, then, from within the extracted ksmoothdock-5.1 directory, run:
$ cmake src
You can now start the program by running the ksmoothdock binary created in that directory, i.e.:
You can also install the program by running:
$ sudo make install
After this installation (which basically copies the binary from ksmoothdock-5.1 directory to the BIN directory e.g. /usr/local/bin), you can run this command from any directory to start the program:
For more information, please visit: https://github.com/dangvd/ksmoothdock/wiki
v5.1 13 days ago
- New feature: Pager
+ Can turn on/off pager from KSmoothDock's context menu
+ Click on a desktop icon switch to that virtual desktop, or, if it's already the current desktop, show/hide the desktop
+ Can set different wallpapers for each desktop (this requires Plasma desktop widgets to stay unlocked)
+ If individual wallpapers are set, the icons will be the mini version of the wallpapers
- Bug fixed: KSmoothDock now shows on all virtual desktops even if launched from Plasma Quicklaunch
v5.0.3 15 days ago
- Bug fixed: KSmoothDock is now visible on all virtual desktops (if the user has multiple virtual desktops enabled).
v5.0.2 19 days ago
- Sync the settings to disk immediately when the user clicks Ok/Apply from the Settings dialog. Previously the sync only happened when the user exited the program.
- Use stricter compiling flags to help prevent potential bugs.
v5.0.1 20 days ago
- Bug fixed: KSmoothDock is now limited to one single instance only.
- Clean-up: Show Desktop is now more consistent with Plasma's show-desktop behavior.
v5.0 21 days ago
Major rewrite for KDE Plasma 5. Depends on Qt 5 and KDE Frameworks 5.
Currently the panel only supports launchers (including a Show Desktop item), but more features will be considered.