A Gmail notification widget for your desktop or panel.
This widget is designed to be docked in a panel, or added to your desktop, and display the number of unread messages in multiple Gmail accounts. Clicking on the widget will open the Gmail account in your favorite browser. The widget is written in python, meaning that there is no compiling necessary as long as you have the required script-engine installed.
For more screenshots visit the project homepage.
- *NEW* New qml version likely requires KDE 4.8 (but may work with KDE 4.7).
- *NEW* Testing qml version will coexist with existing gmail-plasmoid (testing version is called gmail-plasmoid-qml).
- *NEW* Any comments regarding new qml version appreciated.
- Selectable fetching mechanism to address multiple issues (see "Misc." configuration tab)
- Dynamic network connection detection
- Bulgarian, Chinese Traditional, Czech, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Spanish and Ukrainian translations
- Supports multiple Gmail accounts and Gmail labels
- Supports Gmail hosted domains
- Uses KWallet to securely store passwords
- Configurable icon and text font, size and color
- Configurable command run upon clicking the widget
- Configurable notifications using the KDE notification system
- Includes notification for when no unread emails exist (useful for running command to turn off message indicator LEDs, etc.)
- "Check email now" menu option to force email check upon command
- Ability to manually pause and resume email checking
- Threads context menu that shows unread messages on right-click
Please let me know if you find any problems or would like some new features included. The best place to request new features is on the project's homepage.
How to install:
- Download the latest version
- Uninstall any previous version (see instructions below)
- Run the following command in the directory where the file was placed (updated to reflect the actual filename):
plasmapkg -i gmail-plasmoid-0.7.20.plasmoid
- The widget should now be listed in your "Add Widgets" screen
Note: If you get missing script-engine errors when loading the widget you need to install the plasma python script-engine (in openSUSE this requires the "python-kdebase4" and "python-devel" packages, in Fedora this requires the "kdebase-workspace-python-applet" package, in Kubuntu this requires the "plasma-scriptengine-python" package)
How to uninstall:
- Run the following command at the command line:
plasmapkg -r gmail-plasmoid