KMidimon monitors events coming from a MIDI external port or application via the ALSA sequencer, or loaded from Standard MIDI Files. It is especially useful if you want to debug MIDI software or your MIDI setup.
* Easy to use KDE graphic user interface
* Based on the ALSA sequencer
* Customizable event filters and sequencer parameters
* Supports all MIDI messages, including System Exclusive, and ALSA messages
* Saves to a text file (CSV format) or Standard MIDI Files (SMF) the recorded event list
* MIDI playback of the recorded or loaded events
* GPL licensed
6 years ago
Changes in 0.7.4 (2010-09-17)
* requires Drumstick >= 0.5
* load and play OVE files (Overture), contributed by Rui Fan
* option to request real-time priority on MIDI input thread
* option to (not) resize columns while recording
* better reporting of file loading errors
* revised universal sysex messages translation
Changes in 0.7.3 (2010-03-09)
* using Drumstick-0.3
* load and play WRK files (Cakewalk)
* open files from the command line
* drag and drop files into the main window
* fixed loop and stop time (last event time was not initialised)
* show the file name in the window title bar
Changes in 0.7.2 (2009-12-23)
* Added two new options all/none to the fine grained filter menus
* Show file creation/modification dates in the SMF info dialog
* Support for international encodings on MIDI text events
* Support for SMF sequencer specific and unregistered meta-events
* Open files filtered by mime-type instead of filename extensions
* Playback loop
* Mute tracks
* Allow stop in paused state
* Build system improvements and assorted fixes
* Czech translation. Thanks to Pavel Fric
Changes in 0.7.1
* Optionally translate notes, controllers and program numbers into names.
* Support for GM, GS and XG standards, using .INS definition files.
* New context menu option: adjust column sizes.
* Fine grained event filters, in addition to the old coarse filters.
* Fixed unregistered bug: don't change the current sequence PPQ/Tempo when applying the preferences dialog.
* New dialog showing information about the current loaded sequence.
* Support for the SMF events: Sequence Number, Forced Channel, Forced Port and SMPTE Offset.
* Playback speed control: tempo "zoom" slider allowing continuous scaling from 50% to 200%.
Changes in 0.7.0
* Read and dump events from SMF (Standard MIDI Files)
* Save the session also in SMF format
* MIDI Playback
* Tabbed views for track filters
* Documentation updated, new man page
* Spanish translation updated
Changes in 0.6.0
* Migrated to KDE4
* New library providing ALSA sequencer services