KMid is a MIDI/Karaoke player for KDE4.
KMid2 is a rewrite from scratch, with a new architecture and also some new features.
Some major features:
* Plays MIDI and Karaoke files.
* Playback to external hardware MIDI devices.
* Allows to use software synths as well.
* Tempo and volume controls.
* Pitch (transpose) control.
* Rhythm view (visual metronome).
* Configurable character encoding, font and color for lyrics.
* Playlists (song collections).
* MIDI Mapper.
* Channels window, with solo/muting controls and instrument selectors.
* Piano player window, using VMPK artwork and technology.
* Konqueror integration
* Runs in Linux, Windows and Mac OSX.
6 years ago
* New kmid_part. It is a KPart implementing KMediaPlayer interfaces. This component can be integrated easily in any KDE program as a simple ReadOnlyPart; for instance Konqueror can play MIDI files with it
* New DBus interfaces org.kde.KMid and org.kde.KMidPart
* libkmidbackend has some new methods, soversion bumped to 1.0.0
* New and updated translations
* Assigned default shortcuts to keyboard media keys
* Fix in vumeter widget: drawing errors and CPU usage
* Fixes in all backends for initial MIDI program changes
* Fix in ALSA sequencer backend: bug 242912 (requires Drumstick >= 0.4)
* ALSA Sequencer backend fixes. Bugs: #240391 and #240394.
* New and updated translations.
* New Mac OSX and Windows backends
* Fixes in ALSA sequencer backend:
· don't set an explicit output pool size, using the default size instead.
· unconditionally reload MIDI devices before checking the available outputs.
* Drumstick libraries v0.3.1 recommended.