KMediaNet is a set of applications to use more easiest the Network Mutltimedia Middleware (NMM) into KDE.
The official web of NMM is http://www.networkmultimeida.org. What is NMM? The Network-Integrated Multimedia Middleware (NMM) provides an architecture that allows to create distributed multimedia application easily: local and remote multimedia devices or software components can be controlled transparently and integrated into a common multimedia processing flow graph. NMM is both a research project and an Open Source project. NMM runs under Linux, is implemented in C++, and distributed under the LGPL and GPL.
KMediaNet now has two applications:
- kio_nmm : A kio slave for konqueror that is used to see the resources (DVD, TV Card, files, ...) that a remote or local computer is sharing.
- nmm_dcop : Is the player. When you clic at a resource into kio_nmm this call to nmm_dcop to launch a player. You can launch a player without use kio_nmm using kdcop or dcop to do the correct call.
Using it you can play a tvcard (v4l2 driver), the dvd player or a file as if this resources would be installed at the local computer. The screenshot 2 is a dvd play from a remote machine and you can manipulate menus.
This applications can be improved but now is a usable stage.
You must be installed at your system the NMM cvs version that you can find at:
You must be installed "libextractor" and "avinfo" at the system that is running serverregistry. When you finish installation of NMM then you can install kio_nmm and nmm_dcop. Both applications are need to a correct work.
You must set the enviroment variable NMM_DEV_DIR at /etc/profile.local or other but this variable must be see by KDE. The directories that contains the nmm libs must be added to /etc/ld.so.conf.
The remote machine must run the serverregistry application from NMM. Review your firewalls because a connection from remote to local is done and if the firewall is blocking it the player doesn't work.
Then at local machine, launch a konqueror and put at location bar: nmm://"remote_machine_name". You cannt't put the ip. If you want to use ip do this:
and at remotemachine_name put the name that is used at the remote machine as linux name.
I'm searching collaborators to do the web page of these applications and to continuate the develop of this project.
11 years ago
- Bug fix release
- Now LADSPA Plugins are used. By this you have to set LADSPA enviroment:
How do I use LADSPA with NMM?
(1) setup the environment variable LADSPA_PATH; otherwise no LADSPA plugins were found by the LADSPANode. There are som LADSPA plugins in /lib/ladspa
(2) in the directory /resources exists a XML file named LADSPAPlugin_presets.xml containing presets for some plugins. It is possible to create additional 'profiles'. To create a new profile, simple copy another profile for the plugin of choice and change the values between the and tags. The default profile is set up to make the plugins my appear neutral.
(3) there is a graph description (mp3ladspa.gd). Additional parameters are 1 or more mp3 encoded file(s).
New many improvements:
- kopete - kmedianet : Is a Jabber protocol plugin for kopete. With it you can controlate and manipulate all parameters of kmedianet. The remote user configure all parameters at KMediaNet Kopete and the local users receive it by clicking at the remote user with right click and selecting "Request NMM Resources".
- New graphs: Video Conference, Call Conference and VNC Viewer.