Audex is an audio grabber tool for CD-ROM drives based on KDE 4.
Audex creates profiles for LAME, OGG Vorbis (oggenc), FLAC, MP4/M4A/AAC (faac) and RIFF WAVE. Please install your favorite encoder.
Of course for WAVE no external encoder is needed!
Beyond you can define custom profile, which means, that audex works together with commmand line encoders in general.
You can define extensive filename schemes. Please take a look at the documentation on the Audex webpage to see what's possible.
Some features are:
* Extracting with CDDA Paranoia. So you have quite perfect audio quality.
* Extracting and encoding run parallel.
* Extensive filename schemes.
* Filename editing with local and remote CDDB/FreeDB database.
* Metadata correction tools like capitalize etc.
* Multi-profile ripping (with one commandline-encoder per profile).
* Fetch covers from the internet and store them in the database.
* Create playlists, cover and template-based-info files in target directory.
* Creates ripping and encoding protocols.
* Transfer files with KDE KIO-Slaves.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: As LAME still can't handle unicode characters correct, Audex uses since version 0.73 eyeD3 for tagging mp3 files, if available. It is highly recommended to install eye3D on your system if you create mp3 files with Audex! **
2 years ago
Changelog 0.79 (Södertälje release)
* Only bugfix release.