... a powerful, fast and reliable backup & sync tool
Home page: http://luckybackup.sourceforge.net/
demo videos: http://luckybackup.sourceforge.net/videos.html
news - announcements
* 16 Mar 2014
Release of version 0.4.8
awards - distinctions
* 03 August 2009
3rd place at the sourceforge community choice awards as a "best new project"
* 2008 - 2010
Highest rated application at kde-apps.org (still is one of the top 5 !!)
* Backup data
* Support for multiple backup snapshots
* Synchronize folders
* Keep your data safe
* Simple / advanced option
* Exclude data from tasks
* Only include specific data
* Add/remove any rsync option
* Remote connections
* Execute other commands before or after a task
* Restore capability to any path
* Simulation mode
* Inlude only specific tasks and change the execution order
* Use of saved profiles (also import/export capability)
* Scheduling of tasks via cron
* email reports after a profile run
* Command line mode
* Tray notification support
for a detailed list of features please visit:
* no money
If you like this app and would like to donate something to me personally,
all you have to do is:
- Vote "good" here
- Become a fan
- Give a "thumbs up" at the sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/projects/luckybackup/reviews/)
This is my reward :)
I personally never had and never will accept money for this project.
Nevertheless, I decided to use luckyBackup to support people that really need financial help.
So, please consider it seriously to donate money that will eventually be used for a good cause.
Donation link: http://luckybackup.sourceforge.net/donate.html
Wish you good, fast, reliable, safe and usable backups
(no matter if you use luckyBackup or not)
2 years ago
Version 0.4.8 :
* Added option to disable TLS for email reports
* Added some (useful) statistics at the end of a profile run
* Added destination disk free space at information window
* Minor modifications to "modify task" dialog
* View of remote places is now available through the "manage backup" dialog
* Default email options are now loaded when a new profile is created
* Split of full email command to command & arguments
* Changed the default exclude "system folders" from "/dev /proc /sys /var" to "/dev /proc /sys /run /var/run"
* Safety checks of mount-points now include deeper levels in paths than /media// and /mnt//
* Added support for vss implementation (windows)
* Added support for nt-streams (windows)
* Added support for e-mail notifications (windows)
* Added various libs used for the windows port
* Fixed issue: When one or more items were manually removed from an existing schedule list, LB would delete entries from the bottom of the list instead, when the cronIT button is pressed.
* Fixed issue: Progress bar did not update normally
* Fixed issue: Segmentation fault under certain circumstances, when --skip-critical is used as an argument and there exists one or more actual CRITICAL tasks.
* Fixed issue: Confusion at task list when an item's box state changed.
* Fixed issue (windows): Warning message regarding the changes.log files during a run
for the complete changelog, please visit: