SEEKING DEVELOPERS and TRANSLATORS! Contact for more information.
AI - The AltimatOS Installer.
This depends on PerlKDE 3.009-b2, RPM 5.x, and KDE 3.5.x. It's supposed to be used with a live CD environment that contains the RPM packages to install the OS.
I am open to the idea of having it be usable with apt-rpm, Debian apt, dpkg or Slackware's package tools. Also I'll be willing to entertain making it distribution agnostic so it can be used with ANY flavor, as long as folks are willing to help add in the needed support.
If you want to use this for installing your OS, please be kind and a) drop me a note, b) honor the license (GPL) and send all changes upstream so we all can benefit, c) patch out the logos and references to our distribution as it is our trademark. Thanks :)
Patches are welcome.
9 years ago
Was based off Phinos' code base, now has wildly diverged.
- Migrated application to PerlKDE instead of straight PerlQt to gain access to KDE's widgets.
- Still a work in progress, Removed all calls to Proc::Simple and am now only using QProcess.
- More work has gone into the partitioning back end of AI. Within one week, we'll have a working partitioning backend in the core.
- More UI clean ups.
- Still a work in progress, much of the code is now moving towards QProcess for external commands versus Perl's Proc::Simple, as Proc::Simple will cause RPM to hard lock.
- Much cleaner code base since the beginning of the re-write after leaving PhoeNUX OS' development team.
- No translations at this time.