KDE Partition Manager is a utility program to help you manage the disk devices, partitions and file systems on your computer. It allows you to easily create, copy, move, delete, resize without losing data, backup and restore partitions.
KDE Partition Manager supports a large number of file systems, including ext2/3/4, reiserfs, NTFS, FAT16/32, jfs, xfs and more.
It makes use of external programs to get its job done, so you might have to install additional software (preferably packages from your distribution) to make use of all features and get full support for all file systems.
KDE Partition Manager is also available as a bootable Live CD.
Follow development and have a look at some preview screenshots of the upcoming feature release on http://blog.volker-lanz.de.
6 years ago
Make sure available and used capacity are not printed in a partition's properties dialog if they are not known
Make sure fsck.msdos does not want to modify a file system when it is being called to read the file system usage
Warn the user when trying to overwrite an existing partition with another or an image file
Clear the clipboard if undoing an operation deleted the partition that was in it
Keep the current UUID when resizing a swap partition
Fix the build by explicitly linking the partition manager executable against the KDE libs it uses
Do not allow pasting a source partition on a bigger target partition when the source partition's file system cannot be grown to fill the target partition
* Copy a file system's UUID to the copied file system when creating a file system from another one.
* Implement a workaround for a libparted bug that makes it sometimes fail to commit changes to the OS in versions earlier than 2.2.
* Update the partition's file system and re-check for constraints if the partition's role is changed in the "Create New Partition" dialog. This fixes a bug where the user was not able to grow an extended partition if he'd previously selected a file system that cannot grow beyond a certain size.
* Always use the correct icons in modified ok/cancel buttons in dialogs and message boxes
* Fix a crash when operations to create, resize and delete an extended partitions where incorrectly merged into one (bug 232092)