MailKount is an applet for Kicker that regularly checks the number of mails on one ore two pop/imap servers and sends notifications on new messages.
This tool is mainly useful for people who are using webmail and not a mail client such as the very good KMail.
Note that default language for GUI is english. Screenshots show a french GUI just because I'm french and I made french translation.
Please, see homepage for more details.
Let me know if you see some bugs ;)
For next version, I would like to implement SSL but I don't have any email address providing this service. If you know a free email website with SSL+POP+IMAP support, let me know please ;)
NB : version 0.1 may cause some trouble because network queries are synchronous. Please, don't use version 0.1.
10 years ago
Version 0.3.1 :
- Correction of a stupid bug : if you have two boxes and receive 1 mail only on the first box, there was no notification... human error. Sorry!
- Thanks japc for the "EXAMINE" command ;)
Version 0.3 :
- IMAP support added. Requested by jirityr ;)
Version 0.2 :
- Add the ability to choose the color of the font, as requested.
- And much more important, a complete rewrite of the network part using only Qt stuff. The result is now that querying DNS and Socket connection are asynchronous and don't block kicker when connection is down, which was a huge bug of version 0.1.
Version 0.1 : initial release.