Smb4K is a SMB/CIFS (Windows) share browser for KDE. It uses the Samba software suite to access the SMB and CIFS shares of the local network neighborhood. Its purpose is to provide a program that's easy to use and has as many features as possible.
* Scanning for (active) workgroups, hosts, and shares
* Support of the CIFS (Linux) and SMBFS (FreeBSD) file system
* Mounting and unmounting of shares (using the KAuth framework)
* Access to the files of a mounted share using a file manager or terminal
* Auto-detection of external mounts and unmounts
* Remounting of previously used shares on program start
* Miscellaneous infos about remote network items and mounted shares
* Network search
* WINS server support
* Preview of the contents of a share
* Several methods to look up the initial list of workgroups and domains
* Default login
* Special handling of homes shares
* Ability to bookmark favorite shares and organize them in groups
* System tray widget
* Support of advanced Samba options
* Support of printer shares
* KWallet support
* Synchronization of a remote share with a local copy and vice versa
* Ability to define custom options for individual servers and shares
* Laptop support through the Solid hardware device framework
* Wake-On-LAN capabilities
* Plasmoid for desktop integration
* Profiles for different network neighborhood setups
Linux, FreeBSD and NetBSD are supported. Smb4K might also run under different operating systems.
Smb4K 2.0.0 14 days ago
The release notes and the ChangeLog can be viewed at https://sourceforge.net/projects/smb4k/files/2.0.0/.
Smb4K 1.2.3 1 month ago
The release notes and the ChangeLog can be viewed at https://sourceforge.net/projects/smb4k/files/1.2.3/.
Smb4K 1.2.2 3 months ago
The release notes and the ChangeLog can be viewed at https://sourceforge.net/projects/smb4k/files/1.2.2/.
Smb4K 1.2.1 7 months ago
The release notes and the ChangeLog can be viewed at https://sourceforge.net/projects/smb4k/files/1.2.1/.