Sweep is an audio editor and live playback tool. It supports many music and voice formats including WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex and MP3, with multichannel editing and LADSPA effects plugins.
Extreme ease of use:
* Unlimited undo/redo with a fully revertible edit history
* Multithreaded background rendering and file import/export: effects processing is not disabled during playback, providing instantaneous feedback.
* Precise, interactive scrubbing
* Multichannel file support: Sweep provides complete editing and processing for multichannel sound files.
* Customisable keybindings available for all operations
# Powerful editing operations:
* Cut, copy and paste insert: conventional cut or copy selected regions of a sound, and paste into the same or other sounds.
* Discontinuous selections: select multiple regions of a sound and operate on these regions simultaneously
* interactive moving and merging of selection boundaries
* Selection invert, selection double/halve and selection shift left/right
# Intuitive visualisation:
* Multiple views per clip
* Variable zooming to below 1:1 with mouse wheel support
* View Center, Zoom to Selection, Zoom Normal
* Easy differentiation of multiple files with 6 standard colour schemes including Decoder Red, Orangeboom, Coogee Bay Blue and Blackwattle.
# Versatile playback modes:
* Standard transport features: play/pause, stop, rewind, fast forward, scan reverse/forward, go to end/beginning.
* Simultaneous playback of multiple files
* Play all, play selection, and looping playback
* Interactive reverse playback: includes reverse previews and reverse looping
# Flexible recording:
* independent record and playback heads
* \"tape loop\" style recording
* reverse recording
# Device handling and portability:
* Support for Open Sound System compatible audio devices (eg. stock Linux kernel), ALSA 0.6.0 and Solaris audio.
* Intuitive control of application latency
* Support for both little and big endian CPU architectures
# Live playback \"DJ\" features:
* Two-handed interactive scrubbing
* Independent gain levels per file
* +/-10% pitch slider
* Piano-style sample playback