gnormalize is an audio converter and CD ripper with ReplayGain normalization algorithms, a metadata (tag) editor and an audio player. Supported formats: MP3, MP4 (or M4A or ACC), MPC (or MPP or MP+), OGG, APE and FLAC. gnormalize decodes the MP3, MP4, MPC (or MPP - MusePack), APE (Monkey\'s Audio), FLAC and Vorbis OGG files to wave, then normalizes the wave to a targeted volume level and re-encodes it. gnormalize can also rip audio cd; encode audio data; convert audio format between MP3, MP4, MPC, APE, FLAC and OGG; and change the encoding and ID3 tag properties of final normalized files.
gnormalize uses \'wavegain\' to normalize wav files because \'wavegain\' is based on more accurate gain_analysis.c code from ReplayGain to adjust and normalize the sound amplitude.
* Convert from/to MP3, MP4, MPC, APE, OGG, FLAC and Wave;
* Support for LAME, FAAC, OGGENC, MPPENC, FLAC and MAC encoders;
* Support for LAME, FAAD, OGGDEC, MPPDEC, FLAC and MAC decoders;
* Rip audio CDs utilizing cdparanoia or cdda2wav;
* Play audio CDs utilizing cdcd or Audio::CD or gnormalize::cdplay;
* Edit and get Meta data like artist, title, album, ... ;
* Support normalization with adjustable sensibility;
* Can normalize/convert files recursively into the directory;
* Normalize with ReplayGain algorithms;
* Includes wavegain to normalize wave files;
* Play tracks that satisfies established filters can be more convenient or pleasant than the general random approach.
The available filters are \'Play Tracks From Different Albums/Artists/Genres/Years\'. For example, if the filter is set to Albums, then play tracks jumping between different Albums. In this case, all Albums will be played before repeat some Album. In others words, until one track has been played from each Album, the same Album will not be chosen twice.
* Read the CDDB entry for an audio CD with CDDB_get;
* Translation to English and Portuguese (Brasil).
For .deb linux users:
tar zxvf gnormalize-version.tar.gz
|File (click to download)||Version||Description||Filetype||Packagetype||License||Downloads||Date||Filesize||OCS-Install|