GShow TV is a TV program schedule viewer and a Personal Video Recorder GUI. GShow TV is a TV program schedule viewer and a Personal Video Recorder GUI. GShow TV\'s basic purpose is to provide a nice GUI for viewing tv program schedule information and for recording the programs. GShow TV doesn\'t itself do the recording of the selected programs, rather it uses any PVR solution that exists. GShow TV is globally usable as it uses XMLTV to access the program schedules, and xmltv has support for multitude of countries. (early 2006 support for Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Norway, Portugal, Reunion Island, Romania, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, The UK, The USA and more.)
For debian based distros, the apt.source is:
deb http://debian.vakevainen.fi/ unstable main
* View tv program schedules for a multitude of countries.
* Mark favourite programs, assign a color to them, or view them in a separate \'favourites\' list.
* Set up remainders for programs. Never again miss that important program.
* Search for programs.
* List and grid modes to view the tv program schedules.
* Personalizable channel images.
* PVR interaction, control your PVR system via gShowTV.
* A modular PVR Interface, providing drop-in support for various PVR systems.