A Simple And Fast Image Viewer With Low Memory Usage This little program is not aimed to be powerful or feature-rich.
It's aimed to replace the default image viewer of current desktop systems.
Fast-startup, low memory usage, and simple user interface make it a good choice for default viewer.
* Extremely lightweight and fast with low memory usage
* Very suitable for default image viewer of desktop system
* Simple and intuitive interface
* Minimal lib dependency: Only pure GTK+ is used
* Desktop independent: Doesn't require any specific desktop environment
* Open source, licensed under GNU GPL
The program is inspired by the defualt image viewer of Windows xp and another GTK+ 2 image viewer - gimmage. Although looked quite similar to gimmage, GPicView has much lower memory usage and doesn't require libraries other than gtk+ 2. Even libstdc++ was not used.
To make GPicView your default image viewer, open the preference dialog, and click the "Make GPicView the default viewer for images" button, and it'll be done automatically.
NOTE: xdg-utils is needed here. It's a tool released by Portland project of Freedesktop.org. Most modern Linux distros have this tool installed by default.