A personal file backup application. Areca is a personal file backup software developed in Java. It is released under the General Public License (GPL) v2.
Main features :
- Archives compression (Zip & Zip64 format)
- Archives encryption (Triple DES & AES encryption algorithm)
- Storage on local hard drive, network drive, USB key, FTP / FTPs server (with implicit and explicit SSL / TLS)
- Source file filters (by extension, subdirectory, regular expression, size, date, status, usage)
- Incremental / Full backup support
- Archives merges / deletion : You can merge contiguous archives in one single archive or safely delete your latest archives.
- As of date recovery : Areca allows you to recover your archives (or single files) as of a specific date.
- Transaction mechanism : All critical processes (such as backups or merges) support a transaction mechanism (with commit / rollback management) which guarantees your backups' integrity.
- Backup reports : Areca generates backup reports that can be stored on your disk or send by email.
- Post backup scripts : Areca can launch shell scripts after backup.
- Files permissions / Symlinks backup.