Versatile multi-platform dictionary application Fantasdic is a versatile multi-platform dictionary application which allows you to look up words in a variety of dictionary sources.
* Works under Windows, Linux and other Unix operating systems.
* Can look up words in the clipboard.
* Keeps an history of searched words.
* Supports printing.
* Supports SOCKS 5 and HTTP proxies.
* Can stay in the system tray.
* Is translated in several languages.
Dictionary sources may be of various types such as files, databases, websites or servers. Currently supported dictionary sources are:
* DICT dictionary server: look up words in dictionary servers like dict.org or nihongobenkyo.org.
* EDICT file: look up words in any dictionary available in this format like edict or cedict.
* Google Translate: translate words with Google Translate directly from Fantasdic.
* Dictd files: look up words in dictionaries aimed for the dictd server (e.g. freedict).
* Stardict files: look up words in dictionaries aimed for the Stardict dictionary application.
* EPWING dictionarie: look up words in EPWING dictionaries (popular format in Japan).
Thanks to its flexible architecture, Fantasdic can be easily extended to support more dictionary sources.