Nixstaller is an Open Source software project that makes it possible to create installers that work on many different UNIX like systems. Main Features
- Three different installer frontends, powered by GTK+2, FLTK and ncurses.
- Support for many common UNIX like systems (see table below)
- Can be fully translated (English and Dutch translations are already provided)
- The installation files can be compressed with lzma, gzip and bzip2.
- The installation files that should be used can depend on the current system.
- Lua support is provided to configure the installer and to program the installation procedure. This allows very flexible configurations.
- Very few dependencies: the end user and install creator only needs one of the supported systems. For compilation SCons (and python) is also required.