UPDATE New version is currently underway. I so far have better tablet detection, the new features of xsetwacom implemented, Intuos4 OLEDs working with both images, text and animations and application profiles that automatically switch the button configuration. Please hang in there everyone, I know the current version up here sucks and this overhaul is long overdue. Check back in a month or two.
THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH UBUNTU 11.04
I will fix the compatibility issues when I have the time to do so.
You can now easily configure a wacom tablet on linux!
This utility allows you to:
- Automatically detect and configure a wide range of wacom products
- Set custom key commands or mouse buttons to a tablet's shortcut buttons
- Set custom pressure curve on each of the tablet's input devices
- Automatically remembers and reapplies settings on startup
- At present, serial and bluetooth tablets are not yet supported. If it doesn't work for you, submit a comment on here so I can fix it.
- More features coming!
HOW TO INSTALL:
Add the PPA to get the latest updates automatically!
HOW TO USE PRESSURE SUPPORT IN GIMP:
1. Open GIMP
2. In the Edit menu, click on preferences
3. Click on Input Devices
4. Click on Configure Extended Input Devices
5. For the devices; stylus, eraser and cursor, set the Mode to 'Screen'
6. Click Save, then Ok and you're done!
5 years ago
Version 1.20-1: Updated for Maverick. Now works on Ubuntu 10.10
Version 1.19-2: Added button mapping for CTE_440 tablets. (thanks to ABelliqueux for the contribution)
Version 1.18-2: Repackaged and being built on launchpad servers.
Version 1.17-1: Adds button-mapping support for DTZ-12wx, DTZ-20wsx, DTZ-21ux.
Version 1.16-1: Adds support for CTH-660 (Bamboo Pen and Touch)
Fixes support for all Cintiq models (report back any bugs people!)
Version 1.15-1: Adds support for CTH-460 (Bamboo Pen and Touch) tablets.
Version 1.14-1: Adds support for CTL-460 (Bamboo Pen) tablets.
Version 1.13-1: Fixes issue with button mapping on PTZ-431W tablets
Version 1.12-1: Adds support for Intuos 4. Let me know if you have any bugs with your intuos 4!
Version 1.11-1: Fixed some bugs that appeared due to 10.04.
Version 1.10-1: Fixed dependency that prevented install on Ubuntu 10.04.
Version 1.9-1: Removed xorg.conf configuration. Now works with HAL and the new hotplugging support.
Version 1.8-1: Fixed button map getting cropped by window border.
Version 1.7-1: Fixed button mapping for all Intuos 3 series tablets.
Version 1.6-1: Fixed bug where gtk button events were left unmapped, leading to changes going in the wrong place when modifying your pad settings.
Version 1.5-1: Fixed model info for CTF_430-U (Bamboo1)
Version 1.4-1: Fixes launcher to use any installed version of python, not just 2.5
Version 1.3-1: Further bugfixes
Version 1.2-1: Bugfix - Software now creates serverlayout section of xorg.conf if it doesn't exist.