GNOME Split is a tool that allows you to split files and merge them back. It is written in Java and uses a GTK+ user interface (thanks to the java-gnome project). The goal is to offer a native implementation of similar projects which can handle multiple file formats (e.g. Xtremsplit).
6 years ago
* 2 times faster than all previous releases.
* Split and merge using the several file format.
* Split and merge using a generic file format (like "split" and "cat" tools).
* File integrity verification using the MD5 algorithm.
* Notifications to show the end of a split or a merge.
* Asssistant to make split and merge easy for new users.
* Speed indicator to know how fast the action is performed.
* Accelerators to quickly manage a split or a merge.