This applet controls killswitches and enables you to turn off or on radio devices. I designed that application to use the wireless toggle function key on my Lenovo laptop which has a single toggle function key for 3 devices (bluetooth, wifi and ultrawideband).
For installation instructions, please refer to the wiki:
If you want, you can contribute as described in the wiki: https://gitorious.org/killswitch-manager/pages/Home#How+to+contribute
I am currently not succeeding in building RPM packages for Fedora and Mandriva. I don't use those distributions and it will take me quite a while to figure out how to fix my issue. If anyone could help me on the make install and the file locations for the plasmoid, I would be delighted to update my packages.
For build errors, check the logs of failed builds: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=killswitch-manager&project=home%3Aqueden
6 years ago
- added support for udev via the urfkill daemon (thanks to Max Yu-Chen Lin for the implementation)
- added QSingleApplication that allows only one instance of the applet to be launched
- the project is now hosted at Gitorious.org, allowing better support for contributors
- added plasma widget
- added device name
- added icon for mobile broadband
- added translations for labels and device types
- added install targets
- added get device name to the killswitch class
- changed checkbox styles and removed the label 'On/Off'
- packages now maintained for openSUSE, Fedora and Mandriva
- thanks to Valentine Sinitsyn for the Arch packages
- initial release