K3DSurf is a program to visualize and manipulate Multidimensional surfaces by using Mathematical equations. It's also a "Modeler" for POV-Ray in the area of parametric and iso surfaces.
* 3D, 4D, 5D and 6D HyperObjects visualization.
* Full support of all functions (like C language).
* Support of mouse event in the drawing area(Left:Rotate, Right:scale and Midle: translate).
* Animation and Morph effect.
* Povscript and Mesh file generation(and Run if povray is installed). VRML2 and OBJ files also supported.
* More than 100 well known examples.
After 6 months of work (and two years since this project was first lunched), we can say that K3DSurf IS the fastest math tool ever made. Why? Because it’s using a new mathematical function parser technique that makes it extremely fast: Some examples are already running five times faster but it has the potential to go at much higher speed.
Inspired from Hyperdimentional math objects and made for them, this new technology (called “The geometrical parser”, use parallel calculations and some geometrical properties) was now tested successfully with Isosurfaces and the next targets are the morph effect and especially the HyperObjects manipulation.
Also, the integrated OpenGL viewer can go as height as 10M-triangles/500-Grid (will be soon unlimited), use the transparency to give the mathematical objects a new dimension that results in impressive images (Some examples are shown in the forum)…
With this new math parser and the height resolution OpenGL viewer, we finally have the right tools for a deep exploration of the math world mysteries: The journey in the mathematical world is officially declared open :)
More infos and mathematical objects can be found in the forum:
9 years ago
1) New GUI interface, with menus and toolbar.
2) Possibility to save a config file to store infos about colors and isosurfaces resolution.
1) The OpenGL viewer has the possibility to go as height as 10MTriangles/Grid 500 (such objects however require more than 15G of RAM or more than 1G of hard drive space for the equivalent .OBJ file).
2) Add possibility to export the "Minimal topology" as an .OBJ file: A new table for the Marching Cube algorithm was made from scratch (released under the GPL licence, we don't think such table is available on the net) that can generate a small amount of polygons compared to the original one.
3) Add Possibility to show more than one Isosurface.
4) Possibility to store/load/delete Isosurfaces formulas.
5) Possibility to turn ON/OF the new parser for fast math calculations.
5) New examples.
Possibility to store/load parametric formulas.
(6 July 07)
K3DSurf 0.6.2 available for :
1) Windows, with Install/Uninstall procedure.
3) Linux (RedHat, Mandriva, Arch Linux, SlackWare )
4 ) FreeBSD.
Downloads From :