WebLaunch
Amarok 1.x Scripts
Score 50%
Description:

An Amarok script for launching an external browser. URL's can be defined with placeholders that are replaced with the selected track's data tags. The examples included by default allow searching for the artist's website, reviews, MySpace profile, YouTube videos for the song, guitar tabs, and concert listings.
Last changelog:

10 years ago

1.3.0
- Uses browser set in Amarok's preferences.
- Configuration file opens in the default KDE text editor if none set by user.
- Simpler config file.

1.2.1
- Minor bugfix.

1.2
- It now works on the selected track rather than the playing track. No need to be playing anything to use it.
- The "configure" button opens the configuration file.
- More meaningful error messages.
- Removed the "|" char from default URLs. It was causing problems when opening firefox.

1.1
- removed url encoding of whole query string
- changed default browser from 'mozilla-firefox' to 'firefox'
- added myspace to defaults
- code cleanup

1.0
- initial release

abo

9 years ago

What's about Gnome?

Report

C

dfarran

9 years ago

Most Amarok scripts will have a dependency on DCOP, used heavily in KDE.
...Did you actually bother looking at the name of this website??

Report

DoM

9 years ago

Amarok runs fine on my Gnome Desktop. The problem is the usage of a default KDE editor.

Report

C

dfarran

9 years ago

Yes, Amarok runs fine in Gnome but the script might not.
There is a 'text_editor' option in the configuration file (~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/scripts-data/weblaunchrc). It's empty by default but you can use it to open the file in whatever editor you prefer. Let me know if you have any problems. Thanks.

Report

abo

9 years ago

Du kannst mich auch mal

Report

saerguio

10 years ago

For me this was the last amarok's missing feature.
By the way, i've found a silly problem and how to solve it.
I was trying to launch new searches on my http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net server but the auth pair "user:pass" is needed.
When i launch this query the hostname becomes "user%3Apass".
I've commented the 67th line in weblaunch.py and now is working.
Probably i'm wrong but i think urllib.quote statement can be removed, Isn't?

Report

C

dfarran

10 years ago

i'm not sure why that line was there but it's gone now anyway :) thanks!

Report

google01103

10 years ago

The menu installs but does nothing when a query is selected. I tried changing browsers and restarting app. but did not help.

Suggestion add defaults allmusicguide artist/album/song and google

Report

google01103

10 years ago

1.1 also won't work for me

Report

google01103

9 years ago

for whatever reason it started working

thanks,

Report

ljubomir

10 years ago

:)

Report

10 years ago

1.3.0
- Uses browser set in Amarok's preferences.
- Configuration file opens in the default KDE text editor if none set by user.
- Simpler config file.

1.2.1
- Minor bugfix.

1.2
- It now works on the selected track rather than the playing track. No need to be playing anything to use it.
- The "configure" button opens the configuration file.
- More meaningful error messages.
- Removed the "|" char from default URLs. It was causing problems when opening firefox.

1.1
- removed url encoding of whole query string
- changed default browser from 'mozilla-firefox' to 'firefox'
- added myspace to defaults
- code cleanup

1.0
- initial release

File (click to download) Version Description Filetype Packagetype License Downloads Date Filesize OCS-Install DL
Details
version
1.3.0
updated May 07 2008
added Aug 20 2007
downloads today
0
page views today 0