GOOGLYRICS DEVELOPMENT HAS HALTED. TRY THE GOOGLYRICS2 BETA at: http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Googlyrics2?content=86837
Sick and tired of traditional, crappy lyrics search tools? Sick of having to go to google yourself to hunt down lyrics? GoogLyrics is for you! I've been annoyed by the low yield on some of my more obscure music with many of the Amarok lyric search scripts available. A long time ago, I'd seen a rather impressive windows program called EvilLyrics, they had an interesting idea, search for the lyrics then rip them off known websites, using this it managed to have a very high success rate at lyric extraction. I decided to implement this myself in an amarok script. After a quick day of scripting, here's the result: a true lyrics metasearch script. Now a month later, this script is constantly getting more advanced. It now supports many different popular lyrics sites and has an extremely high success rate on even my more obscure music.
If you're using Ubuntu or debian, this is as simple as download+install the package below. For any other distro, read on.
This script requires the WWW::Mechanize perl module to run,
to install it on any distro:
cpan> install WWW::Mechanize
Text::Iconv is also required for this, however, this is already included in most perl packages. if not, follow the cpan instructions replacing WWW::Mechanize with Text::Iconv
Logo credits go to puffaliaz, who I'm yet to have a website from... when he makes one I'll post it.
Files have been moved to rapidshare.com direct links. Hope it works :)
9 years ago
- Sing365 broke on publish day, sorry everyone.
- Fixed many broken regexs, lyricstime support fixed, etc...
- lyrics are now saved to ~/lyrics by default as artist - title - Saved.txt, if you want the script to use them, rename them to artist - title.txt
- fixed sing365 regex
- added letras.terra.com.br and lyricstime.com (untested)
- Added http://www.kovach.co.yu support
- Released ubuntu package
- Supports a total of 24 lyrics sites.
- Added 2 new lyrics sites as suggested in comments
- Added more parsing into song title (works with lastfmproxy)
- now support crylic lyrics properly
- fixes sending of a few characters
- fixes few minor errors in name change
- files renamed
- "Initial" public release.
- This release is indebted to PhobosK who contributed most of the code for this new release, Great work!
- Now searches with google
- Now supports an even bigger range of sites, there's too many to list now.
- Many additions were crylic lyrics sites, thanks PhobosK for this again!