A simple script to retrieve lyrics from LyricWiki.org and display them on the Lyric tab of the context browser. Now you can enjoy having lyrics that can be fixed when incorrect!
As of v2.0 this script now utilizes the LyricWiki.org SOAP API. In the short term this means more reliable results in a shorter time frame. In the long run (future versions) it means being able to edit, update, or add lyrics and albums to LyricWiki directly from Amarok.
Note: In version 2.0 special characters are not displayed properly. This is a problem with the SOAP service and not a problem in the script.
Note: Kubuntu users should be able to install QtRuby with the following command:
sudo apt-get install libqt0-ruby1.8
Comments and suggestions are appreciated.
9 years ago
* New: LyricWiki.org's SOAP API has been implemented, improving performance and reliability.
* Bugfix: Search results no longer yeild duplicate song entries.
* Bugfix: Script will check bands starting with "The" by switching the order when using SOAP. Ex: "The Used" will also try searching for "Used, The"
* Bugfix: Suggestions when no exact match is found should now function reliably.
* Bugfix: Following page redirects would sometimes fail due to spaces in song or artist names.
* Bugfix: Search results no longer yeild links to albums.
* Bugfix: Missing QTRuby is now handled by the error handling.
* Bugfix: Bug in removal of category information may have truncated lyrics.
* Package fix: Script is now tarred as a directory for easier removal/update.
* New: Error Handling. The script should no longer crash if unable to connect to LyricWiki.org.
* New: LyricWiki's page redirects are now automatically followed.
* New: Attempts to both find lyrics with case of ID3 tag characters unmodified and with the first letters of words capitalized before searching.
* Bugfix: Category information was sometimes displayed with lyrics.
* Bugfix: Empty lines before and after the lyrics are now removed.
See the full changelog in the About dialog found in Amarok's Script Manager.